Click Here for Scholarship and Grant Resources

Monday, August 21, 2006

An Essay on the First Day?!!!

I started my first class today, English 101. After taking notes on the instructors expectation of the framework of an essay -- Intro, Body, Conclusion, Thesis, 6 paragraphs, yadda yadda yadda -- she went on to discuss the class syllabus and kindly informed us there would be a pop quiz on the syllabus during our next class. At this point, I'm feeling good and amped to ace this class, when all of a sudden BAM!! She instructs us to write an essay in response to a quote in one of our text books. I was terrified! I have been out of school for 8 years for goodness sakes! From what I can remember, the quote stated a comparision of post World War II to a wealthy family's decline from hardworking to lazy by the third generation. The instructor provided the basics on composing the essay at the start of class, but here, I was with a blank mind, now knowing how to start,what to put in the middle to support my first paragrah, aw man, I just felt like a dummy. I ended up with several pages of incomplete thoughts and scribbles everywhere. I felt so bad after class I had to let a few tears drop. After picking up my kids I headed home. I guess my significant other sensed something wrong when I walked in the door, so I told him about the essay, and how it was 20 points, and how I had no idea how to compose this essay. I was so upset with myself, and so emotional, but he calmed me down. I feel a little better now. I just wish I had more time to compose this essay. Oh well, I may not know how to put together an essay, but that's why I am in this class - to learn how to. I am not giving up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blog Flux Directory
Top Academics Blogs
BlogPulse.com
ReadABlog.com
Findory.com
BlogDigger.com
Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
BlogUniverse.com
Feed Shark