Click Here for Scholarship and Grant Resources

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Scholarship Search turns into an Ancestry Search

This past weekend I was searching for scholarships online when I came across a lot of scholarships for Indians. Then I started thinking, "is Indian in my blood lineage?" Soon after I had that thought I called my mother and asked her. She had told me that my Great Great Grandmother Cora was part Indian, she wasn't sure which tribe though. That's when my ancestry search started. I have found it very interesting so far. I love a challenge, and searching for my ancestors definitely is one. On my moms side I am able to go as far back as my Great 3x's Grandmother and Grandfather. On my Father's side I am only able to go as far back as my Grandmother's parents. I am currently taking advantage of a 14 day free trial on
Ancestry.com. Going through various documents on the site, I felt amazed out how well our lifetime can be tracked. I was able to go through census records, marriage records, death records, and other resources. I have definitely discovered a new hobby.

Subscribe to "A Future Dietician's Journey to Funding Her College Education"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blog Flux Directory
Top Academics Blogs
BlogPulse.com
ReadABlog.com
Findory.com
BlogDigger.com
Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
BlogUniverse.com
Feed Shark