Click Here for Scholarship and Grant Resources

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What do you mean the world is flat?!

I went to pick up my books yesterday and boy were the lines long. I waited patiently though, along with my 2 kids. They behaved very well. When I got home I started thumbing through one of the books that I assume is for my English class. The name of the book is The World is Flat--A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century by Thomas L. Friedman. Once I started reading, I found the book quite interesting. From what I have read so far, when the author speaks of the world being flat, he is referring to the level playing field brought about by globalization. The question that arose as I was reading was "Is globalization good or bad?" I really don't have a full understanding of globalization at this point to answer that question in my own words, so I guess I will have to finish the book to get a better understanding of this whole globalization thing. I know also that I can't depend on the opinion of one man (the author of the book) to help me to define for myself what it means. I have never really ventured any further than my own back yard so to speak, so I am really not in tune with what is going on in the world around me. I mean, I listen to the world news occasionally, but I really can't relate to what's going on outside my own backyard. Should I try to, if so, would I be opening up a can of worms. I have enough issues as it is. If anyone runs across this post, please share your point of view. I am very receptive, yet discerning. Please leave a comment below.

Subscribe to "A Future Dietician's Journey to Funding Her College Education"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blog Flux Directory
Top Academics Blogs
BlogPulse.com
ReadABlog.com
Findory.com
BlogDigger.com
Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
BlogUniverse.com
Feed Shark